How To Reset LG TV Without Remote: Have you lost your LG TV remote, and the TV needs to be reset, nothing to worry about because this detailed article will show you the complete process for How to Reset an LG TV without a Remote?
As LG Smart TV comes with various preloaded apps, but it also allows users to download apps on LG Smart TV. While watching your favorite shows or movies, or channels like HBO Max, ESPN+ and others, LG Smart TVs enables you to do additional tasks as well, such as playing games, surfing the internet, finding streaming apps, and many other things.
Sometimes Smart TV starts misbehaving, does not allow to add and install apps, and crashes due to malicious apps being downloaded onto them.
The only option is to reset your LG Smart TV (Soft or Hard) in such cases.
Resetting the LG TV using remote is straightforward, but how about Reset LG TV without remote?
Well, in this detailed guide, I’ve covered every step related to How To Reset LG TV Without Remote or With Remote.
Apart from that, I’ve also shared the method for hard reset and soft reset of your LG Smart TV. So stay tuned, and let’s start the existing topic and know the process behind How To Reset LG TV Without Remote and with Remote.
Related Post: How To Add Apps On Vizio Smart TV
Related Post: How To Download ESPN+ On LG Smart TV
Is There A Reset Button On LG TV?
Well, almost every smart TV brand offers you a reset button on the backside of the TV but there is no reset button on back of LG TV.
The LG is the second-largest TV company around the globe; but, LG TV doesn’t come with a dedicated hard or soft reset button.
In some cases, if you need to reset your LG Smart TV, then you can hold the middle button on your TV’s front panel for five seconds, or another option is to press and hold the “OK” button for 10 to 20 seconds, and the soft reset on your TV will begin taking place.
How To Reset LG TV?
The process of resetting an LG Smart TV is straightforward; all you’ve to do is follow the below-given steps for How To Reset LG Smart TV
- To begin to turn on your LG Smart TV.
- Press the “Home” button on the TV’s remote to access the “Menu.”
- On your Menu screen, search and click on the “Settings” option.
- On your “Settings” page, you’ll find the “General” tab, tap on it, and search for the “Reset” option.
- Click on the “Reset” button, and follow as on-screen instructions guides.
- Once the process gets started, you’ll be prompted with the “Confirm” option on all warnings.
- As soon as you click on the “Confirm” button, the following prompt asks you to enter your TV’s password to start the process.
- Usually, LG TV factory reset code or LG TV default password is either (1234 or 0000). If the mentioned password doesn’t work, read the “User Manual” or talk to LG TV’s customer support.
How To Reset LG TV Without Remote
As the above method is straightforward to reset LG TV, isn’t it? But the actual problem arises when you lose your LG TV remote and want to reset the TV.
Don’t worry; I’ve covered this topic and bring you a straightforward process; you can apply the following steps.
- Turn on your TV, and press and hold the “Power” key for a couple of seconds (15 to 20 seconds). The power button may be located on the bottom/side panel of your TV.
- If this method works for you, it’s excellent, and ignore all the steps below; this function works in many cases. However, if, in your case, it doesn’t work, move to the below steps.
- Use “Joystick-like” panel controls on your TV to navigate to the “Menu” and “Settings” options.
- Now, you have the option to choose the “Reset” option, choose it, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the above steps are done, tap on the “Confirm” button.
- You’ll come across a prompt asking for the password.
- Type the password (0000 or 1234) to start resetting.
- Wait patiently until the process is running; during this period, your TV may restart a couple of times.
- Once the resetting is completed, your TV will restart.
Note: Above steps explained two ways to Reset LG TV Without Remote.
Related Post: How To Get HBO Max On LG Smart TV
Also Read: How To Install DirecTV App On Firestick
How To Reset Your LG TV Without Password?
If you use the PIN code or pattern code of your TV, then it becomes difficult to memorize them, isn’t it? Or, you just changed the pattern lock of your TV and forgot to remember.
LG TV doesn’t allow users to rest without a pattern lock or password. However, there is one option available to reset the pin codes you recently had set. If you lose your TV password, then follow the given steps.
- Turn on the TV and go to the “Settings” using your TV remote under the “Menu” tab.
- Now find the “Advanced settings” from the drop-down options.
- In the advanced settings, you can find the “Safety” option.
- Under this tab, find the option “Reset Password” (Wait, don’t click on this. Just use your cursor to highlight it, and then press the “Channel Up” button twice on your remote. You are followed by a channel down and then a channel up again.
- Here is the code LG TV provides its users when users forget their password or pattern lock.
- Enter “0325” or “0313” in the pop-up dialogue box, which will appear on the next screen.
- Now type “0000” in the next pop-up box.
- Boom. a new screen will appear, where you can set a new password for your LG TV.
Note: This new password can be used for resetting your TV. The reset process will remain the same as it has discussed above.
How To Factory Reset LG TV?
The name suggests (Factory Reset) means performing a factory reset on LG TV, which is straightforward.
However, you need to understand that it will erase everything once you accomplish this and your TV went to the initial settings. You can apply the below-mentioned steps.
- Turn on your TV, access the “Menu,” and navigate to the “Settings”, then support.
- Under the tab, find “General” settings.
- Now go to the option “Reset To Initial Settings,” once you tap on this, it will initiate the factory reset procedure.
- During this process, you may come across with “Warning Message,” press “Confirm” to guide the TV that you want to go through with the “Reset.”
- A pop-up will ask you for the TV password, enter the password, and the process of factory resetting will commence.
- Wait patiently until the process is finished.
- TV will then ask you to set it up again as you did it the very first time when you bought it.
- That’s all the steps for LG TV factory reset without remote is done.
Related Post: How To Download Apps On LG Smart TV
Related Post: How To Install Apps On LG Smart TV
How To Factory Reset LG TV Without Remote?
The process of factory reset LG Smart TV without remote and with remote is similar. The only difference is that we put the remote to work and in another, we need to access the panel on TV.
On your TV, you need to find the side/bottom panel. LG TV panel integrated with buttons and joystick-type control features enable you to switch between subsequent options and menu.
The input mode will be different, and else everything will perform in the same manner. Follow the given steps below for LG TV factory reset without remote.
- Go to the “Menu” and “Settings” by using the joystick-like panel control.
- Search for the “General” settings.
- Find and tap on the “Reset to Initial Settings,” this option will start the factory reset process.
- Now a pop-up message will display saying “Confirm” to instruct TV to go through with the reset.
- Your TV will ask you to submit the password of your TV, type, and the factory reset procedure will commence.
- Would you please wait until it finishes the process? Once the process is complete, you will need to set it up on your TV again, the way you did it the very first time.
How To Hard Reset LG TV Without Remote
The Hard Reset methods are also helpful, but it is easy to do. To perform LG TV hard reset without remote follow the given steps below.
- Turn on your TV.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power key simultaneously for a couple of seconds (10 to 20 seconds).
- It will display the LG logo on your TV screen, and the resetting process will be done.
How Can I Unlock An LG TV Without Remote?
To unlock an LG TV without a remote is simple, all you need to do is hold the power button for 10 to 15 seconds should do the task. If this doesn’t work for you, then the alternate option is to unscrew the battery from the power panel from the backside of the TV.
I highly recommend you not to perform this method because it’s not safe. However, if you are willing to do this, then the recommendation is to do this under a technician.
How To Unlock A Locked LG Smart TV?
Here are the easy steps you can consider to unlock a locked LG TV.
- You should try to change the password, in case you’ve lost it. Modifying the password is not as challenging as it sounds. Scroll up and find the fourth section in the essay.
Alternative Methods Of LG TV Reset Without Remote
#1. Use the LG ThinQ or a Similar Remote App
In the worst scenario if nothing worked for you, here is another easy way to fix this issue using the LG ThinQ App. Downloading the LG ThinQ App on your Smartphone enables you to access all the basic to advanced features such as resetting their devices of your LG TV and acess LG TV settings without remote. You can get this app easily through the app store, download the app and follow the below steps.
- I assume you’ve downloaded the app on your Smartphone.
- Launch the LG ThinQ App, and navigate to the “Gear” icon and go to the “Settings” section.
- Click on the “General” tab, and tap on “Reset To Initial Settings” section.
Note: Before applying this method, ensure your LG Smart TV, and Smartphone which you’ve downloaded the LG ThinQ app are connected with the same Wi-Fi network.
#2. Unplug the TV for 60-90 Seconds
This is one of the basic things you need to perform; all you need to do is unplug your LG TV from the power outlet. Keep it in the same condition for the next 60 to 90 seconds and then plug the cord back in. Now turn on your TV and check if this worked or not?
Frequently Asked Question:
#1. Does LG TV Have A Reset Button?
Unfortunately, NO, LG TV Reset Button is not available there; you have a reset button for a soft or hard reset. However, an “OK” button is available in the remote that can perform a quick soft reset. Press and hold the OK button or press the middle button for a couple of seconds, that’s located on the TV’s panel.
#2. How Do I Hard Reset My LG TV?
Hard resetting the LG TV is quite simple and easy to perform. I’ve shared the detailed guide above. Scroll up and find the hard reset section.
#3. How Do I Reset My LG TV If It won’t Turn On?
Press and hold the power button for 15 to 20 seconds. If your TV is still unresponsive or doesn’t get powered off, plug it in with the original charger and wait for a couple of minutes. The in-built LED should glow solid red or amber.
As technology has peaked, TVs also get more innovative from time to time, their options also multiplied. Technology is best and enhances the user experience, but it might create difficulty for untrained users because it leads to many features.
This article explained a step-by-step guide for all LG Smart TV resetting tricks and procedures. Individual TVs will have slightly different methods and processes to perform the resetting operation; however, the primary steps have been discussed and guided.
I hope this article will solve all your queries regarding How To Reset LG TV Without Remote and provide you with a good guide.
If you still have any questions or suggestions regarding Reset LG TV Without Remote or with Remote, you can feel free to let me know in the comment section.