The biggest issue a Zoom user experiences during hosting or participating in a Zoom meeting is the background of the video. Sometimes it might be embarrassing. To avoid such embarrassing movement, Zoom enables you to use Zoom Virtual Background Without Green Screen on your various devices.
However, to take advantage of this feature on Zoom, your system should meet the minimum requirements.
Using these ways enables you to use Virtual Background Without Green Screen during your live zoom meeting.
Below in this article, we will talk about a couple of things like what is the minimum system requirement for the same and how to enable Zoom Virtual Background Without Green Screen in 2022.
Table of Contents
Required Stuff For Zoom Virtual Background Without Green Screen
This option is available for various types of devices like PCs, iPhones, iPad, Mac. Using Virtual background enables you to hide the existing background and show the desired image as your background during live calls on Zoom Meeting.
Don’t worry, you don’t need any physical green screen for this, but you will need to follow some procedures, and your computer should qualify for certain hardware requirements. All the details are mentioned below.
Also Read: How To Watch A Live Stream On YouTube
System Requirements To Run Zoom Background Without Green Screen:
Find the system requirements for your device.
- First of all, you will need the Zoom app if you’ve already downloaded then skip this step, or download from this link. https://zoom.us/support/download
Zoom Virtual Background System Requirements For Mac:
Before getting into the topic, ensure your Mac device meets the mentioned requirements for zoom backgrounds without green screen.
- i5 dual-core processor or higher (6th generation)
- i7 dual-core processor or higher (4th generation)
Note: i5 dual-core processor (6th generation) needs to have Mac 10.14 or higher.
Windows PC Requirements:
Here are the zoom backgrounds requirements for Windows devices, ensure your windows computer meets the mentioned requirements.
- Windows 7 64-bits or above.
- i7 quad-core processor (4th generation). Or,
- Windows 10 64-bits
- i5 dual-core or above (6th gen).
Note: If your windows computer has HD 620 graphic CPU, this functionality might not work, so in that case, you will be required to use Physical Green Screen.
Also Read: How To Delete Instagram Account On iPhone
iOS device requirements:
In order to take benefits of zoom background green screen in iOS devices, you should have below mentioned hardware.
- You must have an iPhone X, 8+, or at least 8.
- For the iPad, you should have a Pro that comes with the 5th and 6th generations.
How To Enable Zoom Virtual Background Without Green Screen:
Well, I assume you have fulfilled the basic requirements of your device for using the Virtual Background Without Green Screen. Okay, let’s move to the process where I’ll be sharing the process of enabling the virtual background.
- To begin with, login into “Zoom.”
- Now go to the Meeting settings page.
- And navigate the “Virtual Background” option that is available in the meeting tab, and verify that you have enabled the settings.
- In case, the settings are not working or disabled, then use the “status toggle” to enable it.
- In case, if you come across the verification dialog displays, then select Turn On for confirming the changes.
Note: For making changes, you might need to log out from the Desktop client and re-login.
How To Set up Zoom Virtual Background Without Green Screen:
You need to set up Virtual background for Windows, on the flip side, iOS devices don’t. Find the given steps below.
- To begin with, sign in to your Zoom Desktop Client.
- Tap on the “profile icon” which is located on the top right corner.
- And find “Virtual Background” from the display list, under the “Settings” tab.
- A couple of snaps will be displayed on your screen, simply choose one according to your choice.
- Or you can tap on the “+ icon” to set your own image or video.
- Tap on the “Download” button for downloading the full pack, if prompted.
How To Apply Virtual Background While A Live Meeting:
You can turn on your virtual background only if you have set it up.
Change Virtual Background In Mac And PC During Meetings:
- When your Zoom meeting is live, tap on the ^ arrow that is available next to the Mute/Unmute button.
- Find the “Choose Virtual Background” from the display list.
- Click on the Download button to download the entire package for Virtual Background Without Green Screen, if prompted.
Change Virtual Background in iPhone & iPad during meetings:
- I assume you’ve downloaded and signed up on the Zoom meeting app. Now simply log in with the credentials
- When you are at a live meeting, simply tap on the “More” button. (Generally available in the right bottom corner).
- Click on the “Virtual Background.”
- On the bottom of your screen you can see the available background, simply smash it to apply, or tap on the “+ icon” to add a new image.
- Once you add a new image, it will automatically apply to your meeting background.
- Once you are done with selecting the background hit on the “close” button.
Also Read: How To Download Apps On LG Smart TV
Zoom Meeting Virtual Background Image Dimensions:
If you’re thinking about the image resolution for your image, that you will use on your virtual meeting background.
Don’t worry, because the Zoom app has no restrictions for the size of any image you add to your virtual background, however, it is recommended to match the aspect ratio of your image with your camera.
The minimum image resolution of any image in the virtual background is 1280 x 720 pixels. But remember that 1920 x 1080 pixels will also work perfectly.
Zoom Meeting Virtual Background Video Dimensions | Zoom Background Video Size
As there is no resolution restriction for an image in the zoom, you can use any resolution video too. The minimum requirement for any video is 480 x 360 pixels and 1920 x 1080 maximum pixels.
Note: That’s the entire process. Apart from these, if you need further assistance, then I’m sharing the Support details of Zoom. You can call the Zoom Support team for more detail.
Phone Details Of Zoom Support / Customer Care:
|US||+1.888.799.9666 ext 2|
|FR||+33.800.94.64.64 ext 2|
|IN||+91.1800.050.2040 ext 2|
|AU||+61.1800.768.027 ext 2|
|SG||+65.800.321.1249 ext 2|
|JP||+81.053.132.0070 ext 2|
|NZ||+64.800.475.039 ext 2|
|UK||+44.800.368.7314 ext 2 or +44.20.7039.8961 ext 2|
Note: For making a call to Zoom Support, make sure you are ready with Zoom Meeting / Personal ID.
Also Read: Why Can’t I Download Game Pigeon
Frequently Asked Questions:
#1 How To Use Virtual Background On Zoom Without Green Screen?
The process is simple, but you will have to pay close attention. Scroll above and go through the post. I have shared a complete guide regarding the same.
#2. How Do I Contact Zoom By Phone?
Contacting Zoom by phone is not as hard as it seems. Go up and find the table where I mentioned some phone numbers. You can choose your country and dial the number. But make sure you keep the Zoom personal ID with you.
#3. Is Zoom Number Toll-Free?
Yes, Zoom meeting invitation dial-in numbers are toll-free.
Zoom Meeting enables you for video calls, and in this post, I’ve shared a complete guide for How to change Zoom Virtual Background Without Green Screen?
I hope this article was helpful for you and provided you with complete information about Zoom Meeting Background.
If you still have any questions or suggestions regarding this post, you can leave me a comment below. For such interesting things, tips and tricks visit Tech News
I am Pawan Sharma, my native place is Rajasthan, but I live in Kolkata. I’m Cisco Certified engineer by NIIT, and Blogger by passion. I’ve started this blog on the 1st of May 2021 to share my knowledge about Technology, Internet Marketing, Gadgets, Tips & Tricks, Top Apps, Games. As I said above, blogging is my passion and I love it by heart, I’m inspired by the top Bloggers of the World.