Remote is an essential part of any smart TV, but without a remote can we turn on the TV? Yes, you can. Here, You’ll learn how to control Vizio TV without remote with a detailed guide. Stay tuned..
Have you lost your Vizio TV remote and not been able to turn the TV on? Or your Vizio remote not working, so you are searching for How to Turn On Vizio TV Without Remote because you don’t want to miss out on your favorite show?
In such conditions, what option do Vizio Smart TV users have left?
Well, I’ve good news for you.
The good news is if you’ve missed the Vizio TV Remote, there are still a couple of ways that help you to turn on/off Vizio TV without a remote.
After going through this guide, I assure you that you’ll no longer need a remote to turn on Vizo TV.
This detailed guide will demonstrate a step-by-step guide for How To Turn On Vizio TV Without Remote. This article will show you the Vizio TV secret menu button that allows you to turn your Vizio TV on and off easily.
Furthermore, the discussed methods are well capable of eliminating the use of Remote and enable you to do everything such as change channels, volume up and down, add apps to Vizio Smart TV, increase/decrease brightness, and others.
Furthermore, If you facing Vizio TV No Sound issue, here is a quick guide to fix it in minutes.
So, let’s have a coffee and jump to the topic.
Table of Contents
How To Turn On Vizio TV Without Remote:
Forget the remote if you’re not finding it; execute the methods. All the processes are proven and work similarly to the Remote. Let’s begin.
Method1: How to Turn On Vizio TV Without Remote [Physical Button]:
Vizio Televisions enable users to turn on and off Vizio TV without a remote because they’ve got a Vizio TV power button itself. Apart from the power button, you also get multiple buttons on Vizio TV, such as the input button, volume button, and channel button, but these buttons vary from model to model, which may make it hard to find it.
In some models, it is located at the bottom right, in others bottom left corner, or backside of the TV. Vizio TV Power button may be hard to find, but once you get the power button on Vizio Smart TV, you’ll always be able to turn on or off Vizio TV without Remote. There are several causes behind Vizio hiding these buttons on TV;
1. It may spoil the design of the TV.
2. These buttons can clash with the sleek.
3. Hard to operate.
4. These buttons are not as effective as Remote.
5. Last but not least, you can’t navigate the menus.
There are a couple of ways available to turn on Vizio TV without Remote, which we’ll explore below.
Also Read: How To Download HBO Max On Vizio Smart TV
Also Read: How To Add Discovery Plus To Vizio Smart TV
Method2: How To Turn on Vizio TV Without Remote Using the SmartCast App [App]
Vizio SmartCast app is one of the great ways to turn on Vizio TV without accessing the Remote. The Vizio SmartCast app can easily be getable from App Store and Google Play Store. Once you’ve got this app, you’ll have complete control of your Vizio TV. Let’s explore the guide and understand how to use this app on your smartphone.
- To begin with, get the Vizio SmartCast app on your smartphone. For Android smartphones, go to Google Play Store and search for Vizio SmartCast App For Android, and to download the app for iOS, travel to the App Store and find the same.
- Download & Install the app on your device.
- You need to pair it properly before putting it to work. Choose Device and tap on the Add button located at the top right corner.
- Keep in mind that you need to hold your phone near the Device for a few minutes.
- It may take a few seconds to pair both of the devices; once it’s paired, you’ll get a remote layout on your smartphone screen.
- Go to the Control option, choose the Device located at the top right corner, and then select display from the list.
- When you notice that your devices are paired and connected successfully, now you’ve complete control over your Vizio TV.
- Simply press the Power button on the layout, and your Vizio TV will turn on.
- You can manage everything on your Vizio TV through your mobile, and believe me; it will perform the same as the Remote. You can turn on or off your TV, control the volume, change channels, and do many other things which only the remote allows you to do.
Also Read: How To Turn On WiFi On LG TV
Also Read: How To Pair Roku Remote To TV
Attention: If your devices are not paired, it may be due to outdated software. You need to update the Vizio Smart TV with the updated version in such a case.
Method3: How To Turn on Vizio TV Using PS4 [PS4]
PlayStation (PS4) not only helps you to play your favorite games, but it is also a handy way for How to turn on a Vizio TV without remote and control your TV.
- All you need to do is connect PS4 and Vizio Smart TV using an HDMI port.
- First, turn on your PS4 Device.
- Navigate to the Settings and choose System.
- Find and click on the Enable HDMI Device Link option.
- Turn on PS4, and your Vizio TV will automatically power on and switch to the correct input. Additionally, selecting that input from the list will automatically turn on the PS4.
Method4: How to Turn on Vizio TV Without Remote With the Nintendo Switch [Nintendo Switch]
Nintendo Switch is a great device but also using this, you can turn on Vizio TV Without Remote. Let’s find out how to execute the steps.
- Connect Nintendo Switch Console to the Vizio Smart TV using the Dock.
- Choose System Settings from the home screen.
- Access the TV Settings in the left column, scroll down a bit and choose Match TV Power State to turn it on.
- Now when you put your Nintendo Switch console to sleep mode, the input will switch off, and when you power the console on, the Vizio TV will automatically switch to the proper input channel.
Also Read: How To Reset LG TV Without Remote
Note: Nintendo Switch and PS4 allow you to turn on Vizio TV without, but the story is different with Xbox One users. Xbox One doesn’t provide any facilities to enable HDMI-CEC, However IR blaster and Xbox Kinect can control the Vizio TV effortlessly. As Microsoft doesn’t support it, that’s for sure, but they haven’t spoken out about it. If you’ve misplaced the Vizio Remote, then the above-given methods are the best way to control it.
FAQs About How To Turn On A Vizio TV
#1. How to turn on Vizio TV without Wi-Fi?
There are ways to turn on Vizio TV without remote or Wi-Fi; you need to connect your Vizio TV with the ethernet cable; through this, you can turn on or off it easily. In addition, you can also download the Vizio SmartCast App to control your Vizio TV without remote or Wi-Fi.
#2. Where is the power button on a Vizio TV?
It totally depends on your Vizio TV’s model number; in some models, power buttons on Vizio TV are located at the bottom right, in others bottom left corner, the backside of the TV, or just beneath the HDMI port.
#3. How to turn up the volume on Vizio TV without a remote?
If you’ve lost the remote and are looking for how to turn the volume up on Vizio tv without a remote, then download the Vizio SmartCast App on your Android or iOS smartphone. It will perform the same as Remote. You can also access the physical button to turn up volume or down, but it isn’t easy to find a physical button because the location of the button varies from model to model.
#4. Is the menu button on Vizio remote not working?
This problem occurs because something has gone wrong with your Vizio TV. To fix this, you need to unplug the TV from the power source and press the power button for 15-20 seconds. Done? Plug the TV back again into the power source, and check if the problem has been fixed or not.
#5. What is the Vizio TV remote app for iPhone and Android?
Best Vizio TV remote for Android and iPhone is Vizio SmartCast App. You can download it on iPhone from the App Store and for Android through Google Play Store. I can turn your smartphone into a remote; using it; you can easily turn on Vizio TV without a remote and manage all other settings too.
Vizio Smart TV is a display of high-tech technology; however, without a remote, it becomes useless, isn’t it? If you’ve misplaced the remote, or your Remote is not working so, in this case, you can’t turn on Vizio TV, Right?
But the story is old now…
I’ve discussed the top 4 ways that let you turn on Vizio TV without remote, and the best thing about it is you can operate everything like manage the volume of your TV, control channels, access the settings through these methods that you were used to doing with the Remote.
The methods, as mentioned earlier, don’t require any technical skill to perform. I’ve displayed the step-by-step for each.
I believe this informative guide was helpful for you. I’ve missed out on something, do let me know in the comment section.
I am Pawan Sharma, my native place is Rajasthan, but I live in Kolkata. I’m Cisco Certified engineer by NIIT, and Blogger by passion. I’ve started this blog on the 1st of May 2021 to share my knowledge about Technology, Internet Marketing, Gadgets, Tips & Tricks, Top Apps, Games. As I said above, blogging is my passion and I love it by heart, I’m inspired by the top Bloggers of the World.