How To Update Apps On LG Smart TV?: Updated apps on LG Smart TV not only fixes the bugs but also provides you with additional functionalities, benefits, and functionality.
So, If you’ve added multiple apps on LG Smart TV, and for some reason if you LG TV or apps started misbehaving then updating them can be the best solution. Well, this detailed article will explain how to update LG Smart TV apps & Firmware with a beginner-friendly guide.
Smart TVs changed the perspective of watching TV, smart TVs enables you to stream various types of video channels such as HBO Go, ESPN+, Netflix and others. Smart TVs allows you to download apps within the TV, not even this, but you can also play games through your Smart TV.
LG Smart TVs have their own Content Store, using it you can download the apps and update them.
However, after a span of time apps need to update because the app companies who created the app add additional features, improve the user interface, and fix the bugs to those apps.
So here we’ll learn how to update apps on LG Smart TV effortlessly.
Here in this post, I will discuss ways to update apps on LG Smart TV. I recommend you to update your LG Smart TV apps using the below-given methods.
Note: Either you can update the apps in LG Smart TV manually by using the LG Content Store, or you update the LG TV Firmware that will update all the apps automatically.
If you are stuck downloading apps on LG TV, read here to How To Download Apps On LG Smart TV. Let’s understand both procedures.
How To Update the Firmware on an LG Smart TV
Before we learn the steps for how to update apps on LG TV, its important to know that firmware is a very important software for any hardware, even if it is the motherboard of your PC, your Smart Phone, or any devices you use, firmware is a must.
The only difference between Smart TV firmware and Smartphone firmware is, Smartphone launches the firmware frequently but the case is different for LG Smart TV.
TV launches the firmware at a certain time, but unfortunately, we as a user don’t know the time, only LG knows.
LG Smart TV offers you two ways to update the firmware, the first one is using a USB device, and the other one is using the Internet.
I’m sharing both methods so you can choose any of them at your convenience.
Also Read: How To Get HBO Max On LG Smart TV
Also Read: How To Reset LG TV Without Remote
Either LG Smart TV works WebOS or Netcast, so ensure on which OS your TV is running.
How To Update Firmware On Netcast OS Using the Internet:
Follow the given steps if your LG Smart TV is running on Netcast.
- Grab the remote of your LG TV, and press the “Home” button, navigate to the “Settings” page (Generally available on the corner of the left-hand).
- Under the “Settings” page, scroll a bit and find the “?” symbol, under the “?” symbol, choose “Software Update.”
- Once you’re on the “Software Update” option, choose “Check Update Version.”
- If any update is available there, you can simply click on it to update on your device, in case no update is available simply exit the page.
Also Read: How To Turn On WiFi On LG TV
If the update is available, follow the on-screen guide to finishing the setup.
How To Update Firmware On WebOS Using Internet:
Follow the given steps if your LG Smart TV is running on WebOS.
- Hold the TV remote and press the “Home” button and choose “Settings” which is generally available on the upper side of the right-hand corner.
- Under this option, choose “All Settings” (Generally available at the bottom of the screen).
- Take the help of your remote to move the arrow, and choose “General”.
- Under the General tab, choose “About This TV.”
- Here you need to click on the “Allow Automatic Updates” then tap on the “Check For Update” option.
- If any updates are available you can see that on your screen, simply click and follow the screen guide.
Note: If no update is available, simply exit the page.
Also Read: How To Download ESPN+ On LG TV
Also Read: How To Add Apps To Vizio Smart TV
How To Update Firmware On LG Smart TV Using USB:
The process of fireware update, you need to download the file on your PC then upload it to your TV through the USB drive. Follow the guides below for how to update LG smart tv firmware.
- To begin with, to launch any browser on your PC, I recommend you to use Google Chrome, if you haven’t downloaded it yet, click here to download Google Chrome.
- Now navigate to the LG Support Website page, then on the home screen enter your TV model number and smash on the enter button. (If you don’t know the model number, click on “Find My Model” under the search my device).
- From here choose the latest firmware version, and tap on the download button.
- Once the file has been downloaded on your PC, copy the file, and paste it on your USB drive.
- Take your USB drive and plugin on your LG Smart TV, and wait for a while to recognize it.
- Grab your remote and go to the “Setup and Support.”
- Now go to the drive and choose your downloaded file, click on “Allow” to update the TV.
Note: During this process, your LG Smart TV may restart several times.
Also Read: How To Add Discovery Plus To Vizio Smart TV
How To Update Apps On LG Smart TV
Once your Firmware has been updated successfully, you are into the apps update section on the LG Smart TV section.
Before I introduce you to the process, you must understand that, if your TV is the latest then the app should update automatically, however, older TVs need to load LG Content Store.
Follow the below-given instructions on How To Update Apps and Premium Apps On LG Smart TV.
Note: Make sure you have a proper active Internet connection to update the apps.
- You will need to visit the LG Content Store to LG TV update apps by using the TV remote and pressing the “Home” button.
- Under the LG Content Store, go to the “Apps”, then “My Apps.”
- Here on this page, you can see all the installed apps on your TV.
- You can choose an individual app then click on “Update”, or simply click on “Update All” to update all the apps at once.
- If you click on the “Update All” then it may take a while to update all apps.
- That’s all in the update LG TV apps section.
Generally the latest LG Smart TV comes with functionality that updates any apps automatically, (if any update detects). But you need to turn the option ON which I’ll share below. If for some reasons, apps are not able to update, then simply uninstall them, then reinstall using the LG Content Store.
How To Turn On Automatic Updates On LG Smart TV?
It becomes difficult for the users to check if any updates are available or not, Right? Here comes the Automatic updates into the game. Here is how to turn them on. You can also read how to install LG smart tv apps here
- Go to the “Settings” by pressing the “Home” button on the TV’s remote.
- Under the “Settings” page, choose “All Setting.”
- Now choose “About This TV” under the “General” Settings.
- Here you can see the box which says “Allow Automatic Updates”, ensure to select it.
Well, I do assume, you have turned on the automatic updates feature. Now your LG TV will take care of everything, whenever the TV detects any update (App or Firmware) it will automatically update it. Make sure your TV is connected with a stable Internet connection.
How To Update LG Content Store?
The process of updating the LG Content Store is pretty straightforward and it is not as hard as it seems. Follow the below-given steps.
- Turn on your TV, and press the “Home” button on your remote. Here you can see the home screen, simply search and click on “Settings” which is available on the left bottom.
- Under the “Settings” page, go to the “Other tab” option, and then choose “Software Update.”
- It will start updating the LG Content Store.
- You will need a proper internet connection to perform the upload and update it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
#1. How To Update Apps On Old LG Smart TV?
Use the home button on your TV remote to access the “LG Content Store”, once you are into the “Content Store”, navigate to the “App Section”, and then choose “My Apps”. Here you can see all the installed apps on your LG TV, simply click on the app you are willing to update, and at the end click on the “Update.”
#2. How To Update Apps On LG Smart TV UK?
Doesn’t matter where you belong from, the procedure remains the same. Access the “LG Content Store” > “Apps” > “My Apps” > “Click On App” you want to update, > click on “Update.”
#3. How To Update All Apps On LG Smart TV?
Press the Home button on the remote to visit the “LG Content Store”, On “Content Store”, navigate to the “App Section”, and then choose “My Apps”. Here you can see all the installed apps on your LG TV, click on “Update All”.
#4. How To Update Netflix On LG Smart TV?
Go to the “Content Store”, and then go to the “App Section”, choose “My Apps”, under the “My Apps” search for “Netflix”, and then click on “Update.”
#5. How To Update Apps On LG OLED TV?
Visit the “Content Store” with the help of a TV remote, then navigate to “Apps”, click on the “All” then “My Apps”, then choose the desired app you want to update, and in the end click on the “Install Update” if any available.
Updating the LG Smart TV apps will require updating Firmware first, this article of How To Update LG Smart TV Apps will describe the entire process of updating the firmware and apps on LG Smart TV.
I’ve shared methods for Updating Firmware and Apps on LG TV. You can simply turn on automatic update features that will surely help you to update your LG Smart TV with the latest apps and firmware.
I hope this article was helpful for you and provided you with the ultimate solutions for updating apps and firmware.
You can update firmware using the Internet or USB drive. For using the USB drive you will need a computer.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the same, you can leave me a comment below.