If you’re here it implies you are having a Roku with Xfinity, and are not able to stream Xfinity on Roku, isn’t it?
Well, Carrying a Roku streaming device along with Xfinity can get you in trouble if you aren’t aware of How to activate & watch Xfinity On a Roku streaming device in 2022?
Keep your worries aside because I’m going to provide you with the ultimate solution for the same.
Before I drive you to the ride does Roku work with Xfinity? I must share a brief story about Xfinity.
If you want to use Roku on your PC read this Can you run Roku Software On Your PC
Let’s understand what Roku Xfinity is, How to activate & watch Xfinity on Roku streaming devices, and how to use Roku For Xfinity.
Introduction Part | Roku And Xfinity
Xfinity comes under Comcast cable communications, it is an OTT platform that is US-Based. The CEO of Xfinity is Dave Watson.
Xfinity not only gets you more than 1000 on-demand videos but also 200+ live TV channels. Comcast provides you with diverse types of services such as Wireless services, video content services, and many more.
Xfinity enables users to record their favorite shows, and movies on a cloud-based DVR to watch later offline.
Roku becoming the first choice for the users to stream content as they have their own app store.
Let’s move the process of How To Use Roku with Xfinity and How to activate & watch Xfinity On Roku. It can be difficult for the Roku users to remember all the Roku device’s names especially when they have multiple devices, to solve it Change Roku Names as you can remember them.
Is Xfinity on Roku Free?
Umm… Currently Xfinity is not free on Roku, but if you’ve taken paid membership of Comcast then Roku users can use the Xfinity Stream Authorize App beta version which doesn’t cost you a single penny, but comes with some limitations. Furthermore, once your beta version expires, take it separately which will cost you $7.45 per set-top box and enable you to stream Xfinity Stream Channels.
Watch Xfinity Stream On Roku
You can easily watch and use Roku on Xfinity. It has an app for Roku that is fully compatible. You can grab the Xfinity on Roku with the help of the Roku App Store.
However, you ought to comprehend that not all the existing Roku devices support Xfinity. There are only a couple of devices available that can stream Xfinity apps.
Let’s find out all of them
Note: (Currently, the below-mentioned subjects enable you only, but it may change on upcoming updates).
|Roku TVs||Xfinity Streaming App works on all the latest Roku TVs (2018)(A000X, C000X, 5000X, 6000X, 7000X, 8000X).|
|Streaming Media Players||Roku Ultra (4340X, 4660X)|
Roku Express (3700X, 3900X) and Express+ (3710X, 3910X).
The Roku Premiere (3920X, Premiere+ (3921X, 4630X), and 4620X)
Roku 2 (4210X), Roku 3 and 4 (420X, 4210X, 4230X, 4400X).
|Roku Sound Bar||(9100X)|
|Streaming Stick||Streaming Stick + (3600X, 3800X, 3810X)Roku Streaming Stick (3600X, 3800X, 3810X)|
Prerequisites About Roku For Xfinity:
- To begin with, to create an account with Xfinity, simply visit https://www.xfinity.com/ and create an account with it.
- Once you are done with creating the accounting process, you need to choose a prime subscription.
- You can check out the plan on their website, it will charge you around $65 annually.
- Your Roku device should be an 8.1 B1 or higher version of the operating system to run smoothly.
Note: All the above-mentioned devices are capable of streaming Xfinity Stream Beta App.
Also Read: How To Change The Time On My Fitbit
Also Read: How To Add Discovery Plus To Vizio Smart TV
How To Download Xfinity App On Roku Streaming Device?
The process is pretty straightforward, yet, you need to pay close attention to the entire steps of How To Connect Xfinity To Roku Streaming Device? The Roku users may also love to get IPTV On Roku.
- Turn on all of your devices, and ensure to connect them with a proper internet connection.
- You need to access the Home Screen of Roku, so use the Home Button on the Roku remote.
- Now on the left side of the home screen, you can see a bunch of options under the “HOME”. Find and click on “Streaming Channels” and it will take you to the Channel Store.
- Now again, on the left panel, click on “Search Channels” and type “Xfinity” and click on the magnifying glass.
- Once the Xfinity app icon displays on the screen, press “Ok” to navigate to the app info and finally tap on the “Add Channel.”
Note: Above steps will start downloading and installing the Xfinity app on your RokuOS.
Also Read: How To Mirror iPhone To Samsung TV
How To Activate & Watch Xfinity On Roku
Follow the below-given guide to activate Roku For Xfinity though, for this, you will require a Roku and Xfinity app. Ensure you have downloaded it by following the above-mentioned guide.
- Run the App on your Roku streaming device and if it’s your first time then on the home interface you can see the “Get Started” option tap on it.
- The next screen will display a 6 digit code “Activation Code” on your TV screen.
- Note down the activation code on a paper, we will need that later.
- Now open Google Chrome on your PC or mobile, if you haven’t downloaded google chrome yet, tap here to download Google Chrome.
- On the address bar type xfinity.com/authorize roku and smash enter button.
- The next screen will ask you to enter the code you got earlier, type the code and click on the “Continue” button.
- Once you get a successful popup, it’s time to log in. Enter your Xfinity login credentials.
- It may ask you to accept the terms and conditions, choose “Yes” to accept.
- Woohoo !! Your Xfinity Roku activated successfully.
Home Screen Message Stands For In Roku:
|Search||Using this you can find shows, movies, and others.|
|Live TV||By clicking on Live tv will enable you to watch all the available Live TV.|
|Saved||If you have done any recording for offline use, then you get them on the saved button.|
|Browse||The Browser also works in the same manner as Search does. You can use the browser button to find the various contents.|
|Settings||If you want to make any changes to your device’s settings, you can use settings. By using the settings you can make changes.|
Quick Tips To Fix Xfinity Stream Not Working On My Roku?
If your device is Xfinity supportable and has an 8.1 B1 or higher version then it should work fine. But still, if you’re encountering any of the following errors; Failed to login, Error while watching movies, or app not working, here are the short and possible fixes.
- Reboot your Roku device.
- Ensure you’ve stable internet connection, if not perform a router reset to fix the slow speed issue.
- Log out of your Xfinity account, reboot the device, and log in again.
- Check if your Xfinity app is up to date, if not, update it.
- Update your Roku device with the latest version.
- Check the input port, it should be HDMI on Roku TV.
- The culprit can be batteries, so make sure batteries are fine.
- Uninstall the Xfinity app and reinstall it.
- Contact the XOC support team and disclose the build number and Xfinity Version.
Note: These workarounds should help you to fix Xfinity App Not Working With Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
#1. Which Roku works with Xfinity?
All the latest one does work with Xfinity, however, I made it easy for you by short-listing them. Let’s find them below.
- Roku TVs: Xfinity Streaming App works on all the latest Roku TVs (2018) (A000X, C000X, 5000X, 6000X, 7000X, 8000X).
- Roku Sound Bar: (9100X)
- Streaming Stick: Streaming Stick + (3600X, 3800X, 3810X) Roku Streaming Stick (3600X, 3800X, 3810X).
- Roku Streaming Media Players: Roku Premiere (3920X, 4620X) and Premiere+ (3921X, 4630X) Roku 2 (4210X), Roku 3 (4200X, 4230 X) and Roku 4 (4400 X)
#2. Is Xfinity flex worth it?
Doesn’t matter if it’s worth or not, the only thing that matters is Cost. Xfinity Flex is a free 4K-enabled platform that provides you with more than 10000 on-demand video content and 200+ live channels. Also keep in mind that you will have to deal with stupid ads during your favourite shows, as it doesn’t charge you at all.
#3. Can I use a Roku with Xfinity?
Yes, why not. But ensure you are using Xfinity Beta App because Roku does work with only Xfinity Beta App. Connect your device with Xfinity internet.
#4. Is it safe to use Roku with Xfinity?
Yes, there is nothing to worry about, as both of the platforms are secure and trustable. You can stream various types of content by using Roku and Xfinity.
#5. How do I authorize my Roku for Xfinity stream?
Get the 6 digits code “Activation Code” navigate to https://www.xfinity.com/authorize and enter your code, press the continue button, that’s it.
Xfinity offers you many services, and as it is an OTT platform so you can stream video content as well. Activating the Xfinity on Roku is a tricky task, so this article is explained in depth.
This detailed guide elaborates on how to activate & watch Roku For Xfinity. Using these methods you can easily activate your Xfinity.
Apart from activating and watching it with Roku, I also shared the particular devices which support the Xfinity beta app.
I hope this article was informative for you. If you still have any questions or suggestions regarding this topic you can leave me a comment below.