This guide is for iOS users who’re not able to update Safari browsers on their devices such as Mac, iPad, and iPhone. Here, you’ll get a complete guide for How To Update Safari On iPad with user-friendly instructions.
Safari is one of the popular browsers for Apple devices; also, it’s the default browser for Apple devices. It is lightning fast and secure, but it also comes with various features and functionality.
However, Apple releases updates to Safari to fix bugs, add features, and make it more secure from hackers and scammers.
It’s very important to update the Safari browser whenever any update is released because it is helpful to protect you and your device from malware, trojan viruses.
Every update adds new features and fixes vulnerabilities to keep you safe. In this guide, I’ll talk about How To Upgrade Safari on iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
There are two ways to update the Safari browser, either you update your device entirely or update the browser manually.
If you go with one option, it’ll update everything on your device but require more data. The second option requires less data but will update only Safari on iPad, Mac, or iPhone.
Furthermore, updating Safari on iPad and iPhone is slightly different compared to macOS. Don’t panic; I’ll cover everything. So let’s get started on the topic.
Note: if you update iPad, Mac, or iPhone, it will automatically update Safari.
How to Update Safari on Mac:
Updating Safari on Mac is a straightforward process, and you don’t need any other apps or tools to perform it. Let’s find out the process step-by-step:
- To begin with, to turn on your Mac device, and at the top left corner of your screen, you can see the “Apple” icon, click on it.
- Choose “App Store” from the drop items.
- Click on “More” under the “Software Update” title.
- Go to the “Safari” item from the displaying list and click on the “Update” button.
- Here you’ll get a pop-up; click on the “Continue” button.
- Now the “New Updation Of Safari” will start.
- This process will only update “Safari”, not other apps. You need to update all at once, then click on the “Update All” at the top of the window.
Attention: Once the update completes, it may require restarting the Mac.
Also Read: Google Chrome Download For PC
Also Read: Can You Get Roblox On Nintendo Switch
How to Update Safari on iPad | Update Safari iPad:
Safari update for iPad and iPhone is slightly different from the Mac because it runs on another OS known as iPadOS; apply the following steps to update Safari on iPad.
- First of all, go to “Settings” from the home screen.
- Now navigate to the “General” then “Software Update.”
- If you find any notification on the “Software Update”, click on “Install Now” and leave it to upgrade the Safari.
- The next screen will ask you to press the “Continue” button.
- Once the downloading is complete iPad will verify and start installing immediately.
- These are the steps to update the browser on iPad.
Note: Before you proceed with the process of a safari upgrade for iPad, make sure you’ve enough battery backup on your iPad, and you’ve got a proper Internet connection.
Also Read: How To Mirror iPhone To Samsung TV
Also Read: How To Transfer Texts From Android To iPhone
How to Update Safari on iPhone:
Similar to the earlier process, the iPhone also doesn’t have any direct option to update Safari on iPhone individually. The Safari browser comes as an iOS package in iPhone and iPad, which means updating the complete software will automatically update the Safari browser on iPhone and iPad. Let’s find out how to update the browser on iPhone below.
- Launch the “Settings” from the home screen.
- Navigate to the “General” under the “Settings” tab.
- Under “General”, find and click on “Software Update.”
- If any updates are available, then you can see them here; tap on the “Download & Install” button if any there.
- Here you’ll need to accept “Terms & Conditions” to begin the update process.
- Once the updating process is completed, it means the Safari browser is also updated.
- These are the entire steps to update Safari for iPad with a beginner-friendly guide.
Attention: Before you proceed with the Safari Update process on any device (Mac, iPad, iPhone), ensure you’ve taken a complete backup of your device to avoid any types of risks.
Also Read: Top 10 Video Websites Like YouTube For Videos
Also Read: How To Remove Devices From Spotify In 2021
Note: If you’re not able to find Safari Icon on your home screen, here are the quick hacks to bring it back.
How To Reinstall Safari On iPhone?
There are many reasons to reinstall Safari. Either you’re not able to update the new version of Safari, Safari disappears mysteriously from the home screen, or you accidentally deleted it; here is the detailed guide to reinstall Safari on iPhone.
- Launch the “App Store” on your iPhone.
- On the top of the main screen, you can see a search bar, type “Safari”, and a smash search button.
- Once you see the “Safari Logo”, tap on the “Get” button.
- Here you’ll need to wait patiently till the downloading and installing process completes.
- Close all the running apps and check if you’ve got the Safari browser back on the home screen.
Frequently Asked Questions:
#1. How do I update my browser on my iPhone?
If you’re looking for how to update safari browser on iPhone? Then, the iPhone presents you with Safari Browser, and you can update it by travelling to “Settings”, then navigate to “General”, then choose “Software Update”, accept “Terms and Conditions.” You’re done with safari update iPhone, iPad, Mac.
#2. How do I update my safari browser on my iPad?
Launch the “Settings” then go to “General” choose “Software Update”, under the software update, find and click on “Safari” from the drop items, click on the “Update” button, then “Continue”, done.
#3. Can I update Safari on an old iPad?
Unfortunately, Not! updating Safari on iPad can’t be done now. Apple no longer supports the old version of the iPad, so you can’t update on any old iPad. Still, you can give it a try by following the above-given guides.
#4. Should I update Safari on my iPad?
The tech experts recommended that you constantly update with newer versions because when Apple releases the latest version, it brings something to fix the bugs and make it more secure, which is helpful to protect you from hackers and scammers. So definitely, you should update as soon as you get any updates. You can follow the above steps to update.
#5. What is the latest version of Safari for iPad?
The last update released by Apple on 21 September 2021 was 15.0.
Safari Browser is mainly designed for iOS only, and it comes by default with any Apple device, including Mac, iPad, and iPhone.
An update is necessary to keep your device secure, fast and bugs free. Updating the Safari browser is tricky, and users face difficulty finding the update option.
I’ve covered the topic in this detailed post and showed you how to update Safari on iPad, Mac, and iPhone with a step-by-step guide. I hope this article was helpful for you and provided you with the ultimate solution.
If you have any questions, suggestions or doubts regarding How to update Safari on iPad or any device, make use of the comment box located below.
I am Pawan Sharma, my native place is Rajasthan, but I live in Kolkata. I’m Cisco Certified engineer by NIIT, and Blogger by passion. I’ve started this blog on the 1st of May 2021 to share my knowledge about Technology, Internet Marketing, Gadgets, Tips & Tricks, Top Apps, Games. As I said above, blogging is my passion and I love it by heart, I’m inspired by the top Bloggers of the World.