Want to surprise your friends by changing the name on Android Phone, but How To Rename Apps On Android 12 or on any version without Rooting?: Is there an easy way to rename apps on Android? The short answer is YES!!
When you install an app on your Android device from Google Play Store, you get a shortcut of the app on your smartphone’s home screen with the app name. If you need to customize the app name, rename Android app or change the app icon or name on Android you don’t find any way on your phone.
Renaming apps on Android is officially not possible because Android doesn’t enable you to do so.
Now you may wonder if Android doesn’t allow you then how can you rename apps, Right?
Don’t agonize, there is a way around this.
The process isn’t hard and doesn’t require to root or jailbreak your Android device, but it does take some time and research to find out where you need to go in order to make your change happen.
Fortunately, TechBeholder has the correct answers you need!
So without any further delay let’s start the guide and learn the process to rename the android app and how to rename and change app icons step-by-step.
Also Read: What Is Setup Wizard On Android
Also Read: How To Transfer Texts From Android To iPhone
Best Ways to Rename Apps on Android | How To Rename Apps?
Before we start the guide of rename Android apps without root, it’s essential to understand that there are a couple of ways and tools users can use for apps name change on Android Smartphones.
I’m sharing 3 prevalent software which can perform to change the app’s name in Android easily.
Because Android Settings doesn’t have the option for this, users can follow the guide and implement these unique methods to get the work done. Let’s unlock the topic and learn how to change the app name on Android easily without rooting with a beginner-friendly guide.
Top 3 Ways to Rename Apps on Android [No Root Required]
Users will need to have any of the following tools to execute the step.
#1. Launcher (Apex launcher or Nova launcher)
#2. Xposed Module Repository
#3. Quick shortcut maker
Note: You can rename the applications. Once you change the nova launcher to the default launcher of your android.
#1. Apex launcher or Nova launcher To Rename Apps On Android
Our first tool to rename apps on Android is the custom launcher, users can download either Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher. Both are freely available on Google Play Store. Once the user has downloaded the app name changer android launcher on their Android smartphone, apply the following steps.
- Launch the app on your Android device.
- It will display all the installed apps, simply click on the app you want to rename.
- And an edit button will highlight, tap on it.
- Type a new name in the given box and tap on the Finish button.
- Exit the launcher, and the App name has been changed on your Android Smartphone.
Note: The same step will work on both launchers.
Also Read: TutuApp Android APK Download
#2. Xposed Module Repository:
Another incredible app to change App names on Android is Xposed Module Repository. I personally used this app and trust me it’s an amazing tool in order to rename the apps on your Android devices. The following procedure of apps name change on Android will be the task.
- Download the Xposed Module Repository app on your device and run it.
- Once the app is opened go to the download section.
- Now under it find xRenamer Module through it.
- Navigate to the download page, and hit on the Download button. Once the downloading is finished, click on the Install button.
- It’ll activate the module section.
- Right after the activation, you may need to restart the device.
- Now you can see the entire app list, choose the desired one and rename the app.
- That’s all.
#3. Use Quickshortcut maker For How Change App Name Android
As the name suggests, our 3rd tool to rename the app on Android is Quickshortcut maker. Users can get this app through the Google Play Store for free. The best thing about this app is it comes with a super user-friendly interface. Follow the below steps to change the name of the app in Android.
- If you haven’t downloaded the app, travel to the Google Play Store and type Quickshortcutmaker in the search box.
- Once the app icon appears, tap on the download button. When downloading and installing are complete, launch it.
- It’ll show you all the installed apps on your device, choose the desired one from the display list.
- Once you choose the app, it’ll also unlock the information about the app on the right side.
- Now tap on the label that says “Tap to change label” and a pop-up will display.
- Type the new name you want to assign with, and hit the Ok button.
- That’s all, you’ve successfully changed the name of the app or I say rename Android shortcut.
Also Read: How to Delete IG Account On Android
FAQs Of Rename Apps On Android:
#1: Can you rename apps on Android?
Yes, you can but not officially. You need to take help from some tools like Launcher (Apex launcher or Nova launcher), Xposed Module Repository, Quickshortcut maker. Using these tools enables you to change app names on Android devices. Scroll up and find the detailed steps for each tool.
#2. How to rename system apps in Android?
You can’t change the app’s name or system apps in Android from the device, you will need to install a any of the third-party apps to execute steps. In this guide, I’ve shared a couple of tools and steps, simply scroll up and use the methods.
#3. How to rename apps in Android without root?
You need to install a third-party app such as Nova launcher, and Quickshortcut maker then runs the app and follows the instructions discussed in this post.
Wrapping Up Of Apps Name Change:
Android doesn’t provide you any inbuilt feature to rename apps on Android, but using these workarounds enables you to change apps name in Android.
After installing the app on Android smartphones the app shortcut is created with the default name and there is no way to rename those apps’ names in Android settings.
In this detailed guide, I explained the third-party tools, using them user can rename app on Android without root. I believe this article was informative for you, I’ve missed out on something do let me know in the comment section.