If you have decided that Reddit is not for you, this article will explain how to delete your account and erase all of your posts, comments, and data.
Follow the steps listed further down to delete your Reddit account. Before you start with the process, make sure you have an active internet connection.
If you are not satisfied with your current one, then check over here and get reliable internet with the best deals for your home.
Now read on to learn how to delete your Reddit account.
Is Your Personal Information Erased After you have deleted your account?
What information will be deleted, and what remains in the digital realm when you deactivate the account?
That’s exactly the issue that users have to consider when they plan to quit Reddit, particularly in the case of personal information is concerned. Is your personal information deleted when you close your account, or is it not?
It’s not so simple because comments and posts are not automatically deleted. If any of them contain your data, the data could remain within the site.
Most likely not the best situation.You’ll need to contact the platform for assistance.There are a few things to consider when trying to delete your Reddit account from the desktop computer.
Also Read: How To Delete iFunny Account Permanently In 2022
Also Read: How to Delete Clips on Twitch In 2022
Removing Your Comments and Posts
If you decide to remove the account on your Reddit account, then you may be interested in knowing — do I lose my comments and posts also?
Your content will be available on Reddit with the message [Deleted] instead of your profile’s name. It is recommended that you delete all comments and posts before you remove your account.
You’ll need to create this manually for each comment and post. Here is how to perform it.
- Log into your account
- Click on Posts at the very top right next to Overview.
- The three dots you will see below your blog to open the menu for overflow, and you’ll be able to delete the option.
- Click to delete the comment. The same process is applied to any comments.
Also Read: How To Delete Game Pigeon App On iPhone
Also Read: How To Delete Instagram Account On iPhone
Removing Your Reddit Account
- Find the top-right of your screen. You will find User Settings under Profile.
- Click on the User Settings, and then scroll to the bottom to locate the option to deactivate your account, highlighted in red.
- Select Deactivate Account. Reddit shows a pop-up that asks why you want to deactivate your account. The answer is not required. Fill in your user name and password. Choose the checkbox that says, “I am aware that accounts that have been deactivated aren’t recoverable. The button to deactivate is now actionable. Click on it to continue.
- A second pop-up will appear informing you that you must confirm you wish to deactivate your account. Select Deactivate to finish the removal.
- When your profile was set up through your Google account or Apple ID, go through the Connected Accounts section and select Disconnect on the Google account. You can also disconnect the Apple ID you signed up for.
With a Reddit Premium Subscription
- If you bought the subscription with your Apple ID, go to the section ‘Manage Subscriptions’ of the Apple App Store, chooseReddit Premium from the list of subscriptions, and then unsubscribe. You can also make this change through your account settings on your device.
- If you are an active Reddit Premium user, simply deactivating your account won’t end your subscription; therefore, adhere to these steps first.
- If you bought the subscription through Google Play, go to the Subscriptions sector on Google Play and select Reddit Premium from the listing of subscriptions that you can remove.
- If you bought your subscription using Paypal, log in to the Paypal account and go into the Payments section. Then, under Payment Options, click Preapproved Payments. Pick Reddit Premium out of the available list of subscriptions. You can then cancel it.
- If you purchased a subscription using a credit card, sign in to reddit.com and then cancel your subscription through the Reddit Premium tab of Your User Settings.
Also Read: How to Delete IG Account On Android
Also Read: How To Delete A Kik Account Permanently
How To Delete Reddit Account On Mobile
Follow these steps to erase your account on your phone’s Reddit application.
- Log into your Reddit account.
- Tap the icon at the upper left corner of your screen to display your profile.
- Click Settings. Scroll to the bottom and click Help FAQ
- You will be able to see the Reddit Help screen with a search input box. In the search box, type in “Deactivate’’ and you will be able to read the article “How do I deactivate my account?” at the top of the results.
- Click on the title of the article link to see it.
- Click on the link provided in the article. You will be presented with the deactivation screen that is identical to the one on a PC.
- Fill in why you want to deactivate and then enter your password and username in line with the security process. Check the box to confirm that deleted accounts aren’t recapturable. Click”deactivate” to proceed.
- Reddit offers you a second pop-up asking you if you are confident that you can go ahead with deactivating. Select “Deactivate” to delete your account.
Wrapping Up Of Delete Reddit Account:
Now you have successfully deleted your Reddit account! If privacy concerns are why you’re going away from Reddit, it is important to be wary of sharing personal information on other social networking websites.
Sharing personal information such as the date, age, location, and even announcements about holidays online could cause identity theft as well as burglaries.
Therefore, you must always check out the privacy rules of social media platforms you’ve joined, and be aware of the information you share with them. For any questions or queries regarding delete reddit account permanently feel free to leave me a comment below.
I am Pawan Sharma, my native place is Rajasthan, but I live in Kolkata. I’m Cisco Certified engineer by NIIT, and Blogger by passion. I’ve started this blog on the 1st of May 2021 to share my knowledge about Technology, Internet Marketing, Gadgets, Tips & Tricks, Top Apps, Games. As I said above, blogging is my passion and I love it by heart, I’m inspired by the top Bloggers of the World.