Have you just bought a Sony TV, and are not able to screencast, don’t go away as I’m going to provide you two workarounds for screen mirroring iPhone to Sony TV with a fully beginner-friendly guide.
If you’re unable to turn off screen mirroring here is the complete guide How To Turn Off Screen Mirroring on iOS & Android with step-by-step guide.
One of the most challenging tasks while buying a new device is to make sure if it’s compatible with other available devices because if the new device is not compatible with the older devices, somewhere, it becomes useless, isn’t it?
Apart from Sony TV, Samsung is also a big brand, and you can also cast your iPhone and iPhone screen to any brand of TV. Here is a guide for Screen Mirroring iPad to Samsung TV which includes the top 5 methods.
The iPhone is a smart device and is well capable of screen mirroring on multiple brand TVs, such as LG TV, Samsung TV, Learn Mirror iPhone to Samsung TV with multiple workarounds.
For iPhone to Sony TV, you’ll get four methods to perform this, but before I take you to the depth, understand that iOS version 13 or above comes with an Airplay feature that doesn’t require any third-party app to screen mirroring iPhone to Sony TV.
But if your iPhone is running on iOS 12 or below then you won’t have an Airplay feature there, and you’ll need to depend on screen mirroring apps.
It doesn’t matter which iOS version you’re using on your iPhone; you’ll get a solution for both (iOS 13 or above and iOS 12 or below). This detailed post will explore every step of screen mirroring iPhone to Sony TV with a user-friendly guide.
Note: Watching your favorite show on Netflix on a bigger screen is always pleasant, but the phone screen is smaller; therefore, screen mirroring can be a handy way to cast your picture, movie, games on a larger screen.
Also Read: How To Add Discovery Plus To Vizio Smart TV
Table of Contents
Method 1: Steps For Screen Mirroring iPhone to Sony TV
If your iPhone is running on iOS 13, then the AirPlay feature will do the task; for some reason, you’re not able to access Air Screen TV, then all you’ll need to do is simply download the “Screen Mirroring App” from the App Store, then follow the guide given below.
To use AIR Screen TV, follow the instructions below:
- I assume you’re ready with a screen mirroring app on your iPhone.
- Launch the app on your device, and it’ll begin scanning for the available TV (in our terms, it’s Sony TV).
- Once you see the Sony TV on screen, tap on it to select it.
- When it connects successfully, tap on the “Start Mirroring.”
- And finally, click on the “Mirror Sony TV.”
- The next screen will ask you to press “Ok” on your TV for confirmation; press it.
- And finally, click on the “Start Broadcast” and boom!
- Anything you’ll play on your iPhone will start appearing on your Sony TV Screen.
Attention: Make sure your iPhone and Sony TV connect with the same WiFi network.
Also Read: How To Install IPTV on Roku
Also Read: How To Turn On WiFi On LG TV
Method 2: Apple TV Device Option For Screen Mirroring iPhone To Sony TV:
Apple TV Device also enables you to screen mirroring iPhone to Sony TV effortlessly; not only is it a straightforward solution for this, but it performs in all brands of smart TV. You can easily stream content from your iPhone to any smart TV brand using this method. Let’s find out how an Apple TV device can help you in this.
- Firstly connect your Apple TV Device with your Sony TV by following the provided guide.
- Then, from the home screen of your iPhone, swipe down, and choose “Control Center.”
- Under the “Control Center,” choose “Screen Mirroring.”
- Now select the Sony TV, which is already connected to your Apple TV Device.
- Make sure to check all the “Check Mark” that appears on your TV.
- When it successfully connects, you can play any content on your iPhone, and it will start displaying on your TV (Sony).
Attention: Ensure both your devices (Sony TV and iPhone) are connected with the same WiFi.
Also Read: How To Update Safari On iPad, iPhone, & Mac
Aso Read: Why Is My Firestick Remote Not Working
Method 3: HDMI Adapter For Screen Mirroring iPhone To Sony TV:
If you don’t want to make use of WiF, then the HDMI adapter is another excellent option for you to screen mirroring iPhone to Sony TV; however, it will require you to have an HDMI adapter and some technical skill to perform it.
You can get an HDMI cable from Amazon or the local market. You can use this method when others fail, or you want to try something new, but an HDMI adapter is the most effective method to deliver desired results…
But I would love to suggest you always go with the original HDMI cable to get the best quality of your content. Follow the steps to connect both of your devices using an HDMI cable.
- Bring out the HDMI adapter from the box, and plug it into your iPhone if you bring it new.
- Now take the HDMI cable and plug one side into the adapter.
- And another side of the HDMI cable will go into your Sony TV.
- Now navigate to the Menu of your Sony TV using the remote.
- Choose Input, and then choose the HDMI port where you connected the cable.
- First, it may ask for confirmation; just approve it by pressing the Ok button.
- You’re all set; it will display on your Sony TV anything you play on your iPhone.
- Note: This method will require you to purchase an additional HDMI adapter to perform this.
Method 4: Mirror your iPhone & iPad on a Sony TV Using AirBeamTV:
If you’re searching for a method that doesn’t require any hardware or cables, then AirBean is for you. AirBeam is one of the great options when it comes to screen mirroring iPhone to Sony TV. AirBeam also enables you to stream your apps and music on your Sony TV. Simply follow the below-given steps for screen mirroring iPhone to Sony TV without any cable and hardware.
- Download and install the AirBeam app.
- Launch the app, and it’ll begin searching for Sony within the same network.
- Sony TV might require permission to connect for the first time; press “Agree” and “Ok” using the Sony TV remote.
- On your phone, you’ll get the option of screen mirroring; click on it for the desired TV on your iPhone.
- Now agree with the display message saying Mirror Sony TV.
- Everything you’ll play on your mobile will display on your TV, including music.
Bonus Tips On Screen Mirroring iPhone to Sony TV:
Mentioned methods are not only the options, but other than that, there are a couple of ways to enable you to screen mirroring iPhone to Sony TV, but these methods come with some caveats.
If you only want to stream YouTube from iPhone to Sony TV, then YouTube apps have an option named cast. You can cast only YouTube with this, as I don’t consider it a screen mirroring option but can’t ignore it also. If your only requirement is YouTube, then the cast option can be handy for you.
Using Chromecast, you can also cast your iPhone screen to Sony TV, but the problem is it comes with limitations.
Miracast is also a great way to stream your content on your Sony TV, but it doesn’t support all types of content. You can travel to the App Store and search for the app “Miracast,” and check the app details.
Frequently Asked Questions:
#1. How to enable screen mirroring iPhone 6s to Sony TV?
iPhone 6s actually comes with iOS version of 9.0.1, so if you haven’t upgraded it, you need to rely on third-party apps, but the Airplay function will do the task if you’ve updated it. Using any of the mentioned methods will enable you to screen mirroring iPhone 6s to tv. You can scroll up and find both ways.
#2. How to connect iPhone to Sony Bravia tv screen mirroring?
I’ve shared multiple methods for sony screen mirroring; you can apply any of them according to your need and requirements. I also shared a way to screen mirroring iPhone to Sony TV using the app on your device.
#3. What is Sony TV screen mirroring?
Sony TV Screen mirroring is one of the features that allows you to stream your phone content on a Sony TV screen with the help of the phone’s inbuilt feature or using third-party apps. In this guide, I’ve introduced you to several methods using any of them, and you can cast your phone screen on your Sony TV.
#4. No sound when screen mirroring iPhone to Sony TV?
If you’re using iOS 13 or below, make sure you avoid the Airplay feature; you can use any third-party apps or go with the HDMI adapter option. I’ve discussed several screens mirroring iPhone to Sony TV options, scroll up, and find the best one.
#5. Screen mirroring app for Sony TV?
Numerous screen mirroring apps are available for Sony TV, such as AirBeamTV, Miracast, Cast To TV, LetsView, and many others. You can use them for screen mirroring iPhone to Sony TV or other brands TV.
iPhone is a unique device, and users may face difficulty while screen mirroring iPhone to Sony TV; you’ll require a lot of research to get it done. In this guide, I’ve covered the entire topic of screen mirroring iPhone to Sony TV with a simple guide.
I shared multiple ways to do so, you can go with any of them, but the HDMI method requires an extra HDMI cable. I hope this article was helpful for you and resolved your queries regarding screen mirroring. If you still have any doubts or questions, use the comment section below.
I am Pawan Sharma, my native place is Rajasthan, but I live in Kolkata. I’m Cisco Certified engineer by NIIT, and Blogger by passion. I’ve started this blog on the 1st of May 2021 to share my knowledge about Technology, Internet Marketing, Gadgets, Tips & Tricks, Top Apps, Games. As I said above, blogging is my passion and I love it by heart, I’m inspired by the top Bloggers of the World.