This post is all about How to Get Roku To PC? People are shifting to video content compared to any other content, and at the same time, Roku is also in a hurry to capture the market. Roku is a video content streaming platform that performs on Roku Media Player, and supports a vast range of devices, but the question is Can You Run Roku Software On Your PC?
Well, Roku software is designed for Roku Streaming Media Players only, other than that Roku doesn’t allow you to download Roku App or Software. However, this article will explain some workarounds to run Roku software on your PC or Mac.
If you are in search to run Roku software on your PC or Mac, you can’t get the Roku PC app in 2022 but, after going through this guide, you will get an ultimate solution to get it.
However, you need to understand that by running the Roku app on PC, Mac, or Tab you will be required to have an Android emulator, I’ll discuss and share the downloadable link later in this post.
The process to download and run the Roku software or app on Windows and Mac is the same. This, for any of the OS, you’re having to apply the same instruction given below. Let’s begin the guide and learn how to get Roku on PC?
Also Read: How To Install IPTV On Roku
Also Read: How To Remove Devices From Spotify
You can not run Roku Software or App on your Windows PC or Mac Computer unless you use Roku Emulator for PC, or Android Emulator.Roku On Laptop
Table of Contents
What Is Roku, and How Does It Work?
Roku is a virtual platform that allows users to stream online video content on their TVs. Using the Roku platform you avail thousands of channels to watch.
Roku offers you free content like YouTube, PBS, PBS Kids, Crackle TV, VEM, Pandora, Smithsonian, Popcornflix, and others. But if you take a premium membership you unlock Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, HBO, and many more.
Roku devices basically work on Roku Media Player and offer you thousands of content to enjoy.
You can also access Roku software for PC and Mac but for that, you will need an Android Emulator to watch Roku on Laptop.
Is There A Roku App For Windows 10 In 2022? [Roku PC App Updated May 2022]
As of now, Roku hasn’t introduced any software to run on PC and Mac in 2022. Maybe the scenario will change sooner, but as of now, you can’t get Roku App To PC. Alternative methods discussed later in this guide will surely enable you to this
How to Download & Use Roku on PC or Laptop? | Stream To Roku From PC or Mac
There are a couple of workarounds for downloading Roku on your PC or laptop, ; Using roku emulator & NOX Player. which I’ll describe below in this article.
Make sure you’re ready with Android Emulator and follow the below-given steps to install the Roku app in a laptop & stream to Roku from PC.
Method 1: Download and Install Roku App In Windows using Bluestacks | Watch Roku On PC In 2022
Follow the steps to get Roku Emulator For PC:
- You need to download Bluestacks on your Windows device (PC, Laptop).
- Click here to download Bluestacks latest version from the official platform.
- Once the Bluestacks.exe is downloaded successfully, double click to run it.
- Click on the “Install” button and it will take several minutes to install on your Windows computer.
- Once the installation process is done, launch the “Bluestacks Emulator.”
- Click on the “Play Store”, and it will ask you to “Sign in.”
- Type “Gmail ID & Password”, and again click on the “Play Store.”
- And find the “Search Box” and type “Roku App or Roku App For PC” and tap on the “Search.” Once the Roku icon appears, click on the “Install.”
- When Roku App downloading finishes, log in using your Roku Account’s credentials.
- And you are all set to enjoy Roku Software on your Windows PC.
Also Read: How To Change The Time On My Fitbit
Also Read: How To Add Apps To Vizio Smart TV
Also Read: How To Cancel Twitch Prime Subscription
Method 2: Download and Install Roku App In Windows using Nox Player:
- Download and install NoxPlayer from the official website or click here to download Nox Player Setup.
- The size of the Nox Player setup file is approx 440MB, so let it download completely and wait patiently.
- Launch the Nox Player after downloading and installing.
- It will ask you to sign in using your Google Account.
- Enter your “Gmail ID and Password”, and visit the Play Store and search “Roku App” as discussed in the above steps.
- Once the Roku app appears in the search result, tap on it to “Install.”
- Launch the Roku App and log in with your Roku Account to enjoy the video content.
The Roku PC App and Laptop App are the same.Roku For PC
Also Read: How To Install DirecTV App On FireStick
Also Read: How To Download ESPN Plus On LG TV
How To Download Roku For Mac
The method to get Roku On Mac is similar to Windows, in order to install Roku On Mac will require to have either Nox Player or Bluestacks.
- Download the Roku Emulator For Mac (Bluestacks) on your Mac device, once the downloading process is completed, launch the app.
- It’ll ask you to log in using your Google account.
- Once you’re logged in by using your gmail account, you can access the Google Play Store on your Mac device.
- Use the search button in Google Play Store and install Roku.
- Wait, until the installation process gets done, and then sign in to your account.
- That’s all.
Benefits To Run Roku Software, App On PC:
Roku comes with incredible features that users adore. Let’s find out some of them below.
1. Regular Fresh Content:
The majority of streaming platforms restrict you with a few contents, but the case is fully different with Roku App. On Roku, you get unlimited content to watch such as a variety of Movies, TV Series, and various types of channels like Prime Video, Hulu, Apple TV, HBO, and SHOWTIME. On top of everything, Roku App always keeps updating the video content library to ensure you get new video content all the time.
2. Enable You To Cast From Your Android & iOS Mobile:
Roku App also offers you a feature where you can watch your photos, movies on your large screen like TV directly from your mobile device.
3. Allow You To Set Your Device Name:
Once you have multiple devices in the same place, then it becomes quite challenging to identify the right one. Roku enables you to set a custom name for each device. Let’s understand the step-by-step process of How To Change Roku Name.
4. Roku Channel Store:
Roku channels store has a wide range of channels that contain more than 3000 channels, and every Roku device is compatible with 1080P HD video or higher. The best thing about the Roku device is that you can connect it to a TV using the built-in HDMI connector or HDMI cable. You can access browsers on your PC, or Mac to find the latest shows, and movies viz Roku App.
5. Customized Search Bar:
The search button is one of the key features in every app and Roku special care for the users. Using the Search Bar, you can search for anything which you want to watch. Simply enter your key phase in the search bar and smash on the search button to get the result.
FAQ Of Roku App For Windows 10:
#1. How do I install Roku on Windows 10?
You can’t directly download ROKU APP on Windows 10, but don’t worry, there are a couple of workarounds available. You can download Bluestacks on your Windows 10 PC and then log in with your Google Account, access Google Play Store and search for Roku App.
#2. How to Roku download?
Downloading the Roku app on Windows computers and Mac is straightforward. Download the Android Emulator (Bluestacks), log in with Gmail ID, and go to the play store. Type Roku App in the search bar.
#3. Is there any Roku PC App?
The short answer is NO, however you can get the Roku PC App using Android Emulator. Download the android emulator and type in the search bar Roku App to get Roku PC App.
#4. Is Roku free?
Well, it depends if you want to access premium content such as HBO, Sling TV, Netflix then you need to burn your pocket for taking their premium subscription. But Roku is completely free for YouTube, PBS, PBS Kids, Crackle TV, VEM, Pandora, Smithsonian, Popcornflix, and many more.
#5. Is Netflix free on Roku?
Netflix is a premium video content platform that can not be accessed for free on Roku or any other platform. You can download the Netflix app for free on Roku but for streaming, you will need a premium subscription.
Also Read: How To Get HBO MAX On LG Smart TV
Also Read: How To Read LG Smart TV Apps
Wrapping Up To Roku For Laptop:
Roku is a premium platform that enables you to enjoy unlimited video content in one place, but the question was Can You Run Roku Software On Your PC in 2022?
Well, the short answer is Yes, you can get Roku Software, an app on your windows and Mac computer. This guide has discussed two methods, and these methods will work for both Mac and PC.
Basically, Roku doesn’t offer you any official software for Windows or Mac in 2022. In such a scenario, you can use Android Emulator to download Roku on your computer.
If you still have any doubts or suggestions regarding stream Roku from PC, you can leave me a comment below. If you like this article, don’t forget to share it with other people.
I am Pawan Sharma, my native place is Rajasthan, but I live in Kolkata. I’m Cisco Certified engineer by NIIT, and Blogger by passion. I’ve started this blog on the 1st of May 2021 to share my knowledge about Technology, Internet Marketing, Gadgets, Tips & Tricks, Top Apps, Games. As I said above, blogging is my passion and I love it by heart, I’m inspired by the top Bloggers of the World.