Are you also facing Vizio TV not playing Netflix problem? Well, last weekend, my friends and I planned to watch a series on Netflix. We were all set up with popcorn and cold drinks, but when we tried to access Netflix on TV, we came across Netflix not working on Vizio Smart TV.
It was heartbreaking, but we had no choice except to Fix Netflix not working on Vizio smart tv because we don’t want to ruin the weekend we planned for. I researched and tried to figure out the causes behind this sudden problem.
If the same happens to you, this guide will help you to get rid of this problem. This problem isn’t as difficult as it seems, in fact, it can be fixed effortlessly by following the methods discussed below.
In this detailed guide, we will break down the factors behind Vizio TV Netflix not working and provide you with the working troubleshoots we followed to fix it.
Also Read: Vizio TV No Sound Issue 11 Tips To Fix
Also Read: How To Turn On Vizio TV Without Remote In 2022
Why Is Netflix Not Working On My Vizio TV?
Many Vizio TV users encountered the problem of Netflix not working on old Vizio Smart TV, including myself. Before successfully fixing this problem on Vizio TV, I noticed one thing, that this problem can be created for many reasons but not for just one or two.
Some Vizio users might experience Netflix freezing, crashing, or black screen issues. That means no specific reason for this, to fix Netflix streaming issues on your Vizio television you need to go through several troubleshooting processes.
Let’s break down the troubleshoots and fix Netflix not working on Vizio TV.
Troubleshoots to Fix Netflix Not Working On Vizio Smart TV
In order to fix the Netflix app that got stuck on a Vizio TV screen, here are the steps to resolve this issue. Ensure to follow the discussed troubleshoots in sequence as shared.
Also Read: How To Download HBO Max On Vizio Smart TV
Also Read: 10 Expert Bits of Advice To Follow When Vizio Remote Not Working?
Troubleshoots To Fix Netflix Stopped Working On My Vizio Smart TV
- Restart The Vizio Smart TV.
- Check The Internet Connection.
- Check Netflix Server Status.
- Clear Cookies and Cache.
- Check For App Update.
- Sign Out and Sign In For Netflix Account.
- Uninstall The Netflix App.
- Factory Reset Vizio Smart TV.
Restart Vizio Smart TV To Fix Netflix Not Working On Vizio Smart TV:
Restarting the Vizio Smart TV could help you to get rid of Netflix not working on your Vizio Smart TV because it refreshes the TV and clears cache files that are created automatically. Here is how to perform power cycle steps.
- Turn off your Vizio Smart TV and disconnect the power cord from Power Socket.
- Leave it for 60 seconds.
- After 60 seconds, replug in the power cord to your TV and turn on the power button.
- Once the TV is fully on normal mode, try to access the Netflix app and check if it’s working.
- If not, let’s jump to the next troubleshooting.
Check The Internet Connection:
Netflix is an online streaming platform, which means you’re required to have a high-speed Internet connection. Netflix recommends having at least 3 Mbps Internet speed for standard quality and 5 Mbps for HD quality.
If your router isn’t delivering the required speed, you may face Netflix not working on Vizio Smart TV problems regularly. If you’re unsure about how much you’re getting here is the Internet speed checker tool to check it easily.
In addition, you should also check if the red led blinking on your router, if so call the ISP first.
Check Netflix Server Status:
If the Netflix server is down, you may face Netflix not loading on my Vizio Smart TV error, and applying any of the troubleshoots won’t help you to fix the problem. Chances are rare but we can’t eliminate this, especially when we experience Netflix not working on Vizio smart tv 2022 issues.
There are tools like Downdetector that help to identify if the server is the culprit. In addition, you can also try accessing Netflix on other devices like smartphones, or Laptops.
Also Read: How To Add Discovery Plus To Vizio Smart TV
Also Read: How To Install DirecTV App On Firestick
Clear Cookies Cache To Fix Vizio TV Not Connecting To Netflix:
You cannot prevent cookies and cache files from being created because as long as your Vizio TV is running these files will automatically create and store.
If the file size is too large it may occupy a large amount of memory space on your TV and you can address the Vizio TV Netflix app not working because of decreasing the TV performance.
Clearing the Cookies and Cache files from your TV is always a good idea and sometimes eliminates the Netflix not working on Vizio smart tv problem easily. Here is how to perform the steps.
- Access the Settings tab on your Vizio TV.
- Choose the System App option.
- Here you can notice all the available/installed apps on your TV, including Netflix App.
- Choose Netflix from the display app list, and click on the More button.
- Under the more button, click on the Clear Cache button.
- It may ask you to confirm your action, so click on the Ok button when it appears.
- Now the Cookies and Cache files of your Netflix app will be deleted from your TV.
- Once done, exit the windows, and try to launch the Netflix app again. It should fix the problem.
Check For App Update To Solve Vizio Smart TV Netflix Problems.
Outdated apps lead to Netflix freezing on Vizio Smart TV, so in such circumstances, updating the Netflix app with the latest version might resolve the issue completely.
Actually, the developers release the updates frequently to fix the existing bugs and to add new features, so updating the Netflix app could be a time saver. Here is how to update the Netflix App on Vizio Smart TV.
Here Is How To Update Netflix on Vizio TV
- Turn on your Vizio TV and connect it with a stable and high-speed Internet connection.
- Now grab the TV remote, and press the Menu button on it to access Settings.
- Under the Settings, tap Find and click on the System Menu using the Volume button.
- Hit the Check For Updates button, and it’ll begin searching for available updates.
- It may take several minutes (Depending on your Internet Speed), so wait to complete the update process.
- Once the app is updated, launch the app again and check if the problem has been fixed.
- This is how to update Netflix app on Vizio TV.
Sign Out and Sign In For Netflix Account:
If you’ve signed up your Netflix account on multiple devices or a single device, signing out can fix the Vizio Netflix not working error. Here are the quick steps;
- Launch the Netflix app on your device, and log in to your account with the correct credentials.
- Choose Settings from the Home Screen.
- Search for the Sign Out/Reset/Deactivate option, and then click on the Sign out button.
- Once you’ve signed out successfully, reboot your Vizio TV.
- Now connect your TV with a stable internet connection, and launch the app again.
- Enter your login details and check. The problem should be gone now.
Uninstall The Netflix App To Fix Netflix App Not Loading On Vizio Smart TV:
If you’ve come so far, it means you’ve followed all the above troubleshoots to fix Netflix not working on Vizio smart tv, but failed to fix it. Don’t worry here is another method to get rid of this problem.
Uninstalling the Netflix app and reinstalling might be the one that saves you. Reinstalling the Netflix app will give you a clean install and automatically remove the cache files. The steps are simple to add an app to a Vizio Smart TV, here is how to execute the steps.
- Turn on your Vizio TV and connect it with a high-speed internet connection.
- Press the V button on the remote and click on the App Store section.
- Under the App Store section, click on My Apps (Located in the left top corner).
- Here you can notice all the installed apps on your TV, choose Netflix from the list, and click on the Uninstall button.
Attention: Once the app is completely uninstalled from your TV, again follow the same steps from 1 to 4 and then use the magnifying glass to find the Netflix app, and hit the Install button. Log in to your Netflix account and you’re all set to stream Netflix on Vizio Smart TV again.
Factory Reset Vizio Smart TV:
What to do if the previous troubleshoot failed to fix Netflix not working on Vizio Smart TV? Well, here is the ultimate way, in this troubleshoot we’ll perform a factory reset Vizio TV.
Before you proceed with this method, you must remember that a successful factory reset will erase all the custom settings, saved passwords, history, and installed apps from the TV, and your Vizio TV will come into the default mode.
Which means you’ll have to set everything up again. Let’s learn how to hard reset Vizio TV. Below we’ll learn two methods for this.
Steps to Reset Vizio TV Using Menu Option:
- Power on your Vizio Smart TV, and press the Menu button on the remote.
- Access to System option, and choose Reset and Admit.
- Now select Reset To Factory Settings.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen, asking for confirmation and pressing the Ok button.
- The resetting process will begin, it may take a couple of minutes to complete.
- Once the TV is reset and turned on completely, install and login into the Netflix app.
- It would work fine now.
Steps to Reset Vizio TV Without Using Menu Option:
- Turn on the TV and press and hold the Input and Volume down button simultaneously on the TV Remote.
- You’ll be presented with a pop instructing you to press the input button.
- Simply press and hold the Input button and the resetting process will initiate immediately.
Wrapping Up Of Vizio Netflix Not Working!
Netflix not working on Vizio Smart TV is a common issue, and many Vizio users have already encountered this issue. If the app starts misbehaving in your case, then following the troubleshoots discussed in this guide will help you to fix the issue easily.
There are a couple of basic things you should consider doing like updating the Netflix app, rebooting your TV and router, and others. In this guide, I’ve shared multiple troubleshoots to fix Vizio Netflix won’t play, load, connect, and work issues.
I also applied the same troubleshoots to resolve the problem in my Vizio TV. If you’re still having the same problem, even after following this guide, reach out to Vizio TV and Netflix support. For any assistance, drop your comment in the comment section.
I am Pawan Sharma, my native place is Rajasthan, but I live in Kolkata. I’m Cisco Certified engineer by NIIT, and Blogger by passion. I’ve started this blog on the 1st of May 2021 to share my knowledge about Technology, Internet Marketing, Gadgets, Tips & Tricks, Top Apps, Games. As I said above, blogging is my passion and I love it by heart, I’m inspired by the top Bloggers of the World.